Originally posted on It Is What It Is: ~~June 28, 2016~~ STONEWALL INN Stonewall Inn becomes national monument nearly 50 years after riots In 1960’s America, it was illegal to be homosexual. Police raids on gay bars were common. But on the night of June 28, 1969, gay residents of Greenwich Village decided they’d had…
Happiness is not based on circumstances, but on making a conscientious decision to be happy every day you are breathing!
Don’t hinder your success because you’re constantly getting in your own way!
This is so true.
It’s not necessary to go around telling everyone your future plans! Your plans may be hampered by those you tell!
Hello! I had a fun day off yesterday, visiting my local Ulta for a haircut and style. My awesome stylist Taleah asked me if I wanted a Tarte make over after my hair appointment. I’m like heck yeah! We were going out with friends later, and I had not done my make up yet.
I’ve used a few products from the Tarte line, but never any make up. The Tarte make up artist Shannon, did an awesome job, and I ended up buying two items.
Shannon used all of the colors from the contour palette, taking me through each step. I’ve been a make up artist in the past, and she really knew her products. My eyelids have practically vanished due to gravity, so I was glad to be able to see my eyes better. It’s $45 at Tarte Contour Palette
The Lip Sculptor in VIP is awesome! Super creamy lipstick with a matching gloss that wasn’t sticky at all. It’s $24 at VIP Lip Sculptor
Not only did I get these two great products, but I got two freebies as well. A deluxe sample of the Maracuja Oil and Maracuja C-brighter eye treatment. I’ve used both products before and they are great.
The best part, not only did I get some amazing products, but as a Ulta rewards member I got 20% off my purchase. It’s a once a year promotion where you can get 20% off your entire purchase including premium brands.
I’ve been shopping at Ulta since they first came to town. I only recently started going to the salon. Taleah at the Waukesha, WI
location is an amazing stylist. I have course, naturally curly hair, and she makes my hair look amazing. If you become a rewards member you will get coupons, freebies coupons, etc. sent directly to your email. I have gotten some amazing freebies lately just for being a rewards member. If you see Taleah, just mention that Stacy sent you and you will get $10 off your salon service! The phone number is 262-574-0387. Taleah works convenient hours Tues-Friday 10-6, and 12-8. This young woman is only 24, but she has some amazing talent. http://www.ulta.com/
Way to go Ulta and Taleah! Keep up the great work!
Here are a few things from a recent trip to my favorite Goodwill store. I didn’t pay more than $3 for any one item. I scored some NYDJ (Not Your Daughter’s Jeans) NYDJ on Amazon jeans for $3.50, this style sells for over $100!
I’ve gained a few pounds lately, so I was looking for some shorts. I couldn’t find any so I bought four pairs of jeans to cut off. The NYDJ brand fits perfectly. My friend swears by them, but I would never pay over $100 for a pair of jeans, I don’t care how good they might make my butt look. I just want my butt to look smaller.
A few of the items are for winter, but who cares! I’ll be more than set once the cold weather rolls around. It is truly amazing what you can find. My wardrobe just keeps getting better, and I’m keeping more money in my pocket.
Here are some tips for successful shopping at a thrift store:
- Give yourself plenty of time to shop. I’ve found men’s clothing mixed in with the women’s. Also you need to look in a size up or down from what you normally wear. It’s common to find other sizes mixed in with yours.
- Look at labels first. I could never afford to wear designer clothes before, now I can. I also find deals on items from our local department stores, as well as nationwide stores such as Kohl’s.
- Sign up for store rewards cards. I get advance notices of sales and coupons as well.
- Shopping on half price tag day. Usually on Sunday and Monday a particular color of price tag will be 50% off. Sunday is probably the best time to shop because most people donate on Saturday.
- If you have lost weight or are losing weight, it’s the best place to go to reward yourself. When you have lost some weight and your old clothes are getting too baggy, shop Goodwill. Who wants to spend a lot of money on clothes, only to have them not fit in a month or so.
- Go outside your comfort zone. Before I discovered Goodwill, the colors of my wardrobe were indicative of my exciting occupation. I didn’t own anything pink, purple or coral. Now I have all the colors of the rainbow in my closet.
- Go often. You will be amazed at the amount of brand new with the tag items you will find.
- Last but not least. Find out when your local department is having a Goodwill sale. When you donate items to the store they will give you a coupon good for that store. A week after the sale is over, go to your local Goodwill. You will be amazed at the selection. January 1st is great also; as many people (including myself) wait until the last minute to donate for the previous year.
- And the most important thing, donate regularly to your local thrift store. They help many people in the community, and it’s a great tax write off.
You can just exist or you can start living! Your life! Your decision!